Sunday 6 September 2009

Rakia Making Day Looming

It is with great excitement as I set the alarm clock for 5:00 for tomorrow morning. The rakia house has been booked up and 300 litres of my sliva based wine will be rolled into the premises. It will be loaded into the kazan, sealed with a flour and water base, the fire lit and wonderful distilled rakia will result.

This year I have extra secret ingredients that will be added to give it a special aroma and character that has somewhat been missing in previous years. I have done my research on tried and tasted rakia to extract the Bulgarian method of getting a rakia to remember.

The rakia house has been working for quite a few months now and it is now climaxing into a frenzy of Bulgarians looking for distil their sliva or peach based wine and a few with early grape wine now being processed. Many rakia makers get time off work to go through the process, me included!

I hop to report on the day ahead, but my digital camera unfortunately is broken so no pictures this year. :(

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...