Monday 23 February 2009

The Best Homemade Rakia To Date

Having lived in Bulgaria since 2005, I must have tasted over 100 different homemade Rakia since first stepping foot into Rakia country. Last night I was at a 5th Birthday Party for one of my Bulgarian's friend's son in Yambol. The Grandparents were there and not only brought a bicycle as a present for the birthday boy but 1 litre of Rakia made from grapes purchased from Meden Kladinets, a village next to my own home village of Skalitsa.

This was the highlight of the year so far, as this Rakia was a sweet as honey (Meden Kladinets, means honey well) and so smooth it melted it's way down the throat and into the stomach where it created a warm environment. It was the best homemade Rakia I had ever tasted and will remain in my tasted buds for a very long time to come. needles to say it was all drunk by the end of the evening.

I was invited to the grandparent's house for a return tasting sometime later this year, where they promised to give me the secrets of making such a fine spirit. I more than look forward to that in due course.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...